15th ranked game in the Educational Games category (Aug 2009) – U.S. Appstore
Two games in one! Whizzit 123 is a super-fun counting game that features great music, fun sound effects, lively animations, and cute graphics. Your children will love to count the toys, flowers, blocks, and other items because every touch causes a unique animation and a silly sound effect. They’ll love setting into motion the spinning spirals, growing flowers, bouncing balls, and giggling monkeys while hearing the items counted aloud. Plus, an all-new balloon-popping mini-game challenges your little one to pop a specified number of floating balloons at the carnival.
Let’s just say I couldn’t get my iPhone back for an hour after I let my daughter try it… - Appstore reviewer
Whizzit 123 was developed by an Educational Psychologist and parents of preschoolers for children ages 2 through 5. Rather than just memorization of numbers, this fun game teaches counting of true quantities (each item can be counted once and only once). You’ll be pleased that your children are learning to count up to 20 and being exposed to number words as they are highlighted and spoken aloud throughout the game.
It’s fun, educational, and strangely rewarding. My daughter rates it as ‘Yay!’ - Touch Arcade
Awarded the BEST medal for applications which are of high quality and in great demand. -iphoneappsplus.com
I developed this app for my own preschool children so that they could learn to count in a fun, age-appropriate, and engaging game. - Connie Bossert, Ph. D., Educational Psychology
- Each item can only be counted once, thereby reinforcing the counting of true quantities.
- As each item is counted, it causes a unique animation and sound effect.
- Items appear in random quantities each time they are displayed.
- Parents can select to have the game cover numbers 1-10 or 1-20.
- Since young children often accidentally hit buttons in the corners of the screen, we've put the buttons in the middle!
- All buttons and instructions are written in lower case to reinforce sight words.
- All instructions and reward phrases are paired with high quality spoken audio.
- Words are highlighted as they are spoken to further reinforce sight words.
Copyright 2009 Fairlady Media, All Rights Reserved